Whenever T and I talked about getting married, I always said that I wanted to be somewhere nice when he proposed. T delivered! We went to England and Belgium on a trip with a couple friends of ours. We went to Belgium first, saw the sites, had a good time, and then went back to England. Our friends only stayed a week but we stayed two weeks. The day after our friends left, we went into London to do some sight seeing. We started off near the Tower of London and Tower bridge. We bought tickets for the Tower of London but found out we'd have to wait about 20 minutes for the next tour, so we went for a walk by the river. It was quite cold that day and T asked me to stop walking for a minute to stand by the river. As you might imagine, I was not happy about stopping and I protested! T persisted and we stopped, and T said, "I have to ask you something," He got down on one knee, pulled a box out of his pocket, and said, "Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes!! While I was still staring at my ring another tourist asked T to take her picture in front of the Tower. T obliged, and after he handed her camera back I asked her to take our picture. We took another picture on our own, and then went on the Tower of London tour. Our guide was pretty funny and he told us a lot of info about the tower that I never knew. The main attraction for me were the Tower Jewels. They are in a vault and there are moving sidewalks on either side so you can't stop and look. Since it was a weekday it was not very busy so we went around to look at them a few times. Next it was time for pictures! My winter coat looked surprisingly similar to the guard coats...
We spent the rest of the day in London, going to a few fabric stores and a couple museums, and ending with dinner in Chinatown. It was close to the Chinese New Year so they had a million red lanterns hung across the street. I love this picture!
The premier of Valkyrie in London was happening while we were eating dinner. There were colorful lights and paparazzi everywhere and the streets were blocked off. Even when T lifted me on his shoulders I couldn't see the red carpet. I did find Tom Cruise's hand prints though!
When we got back to T's aunt and uncle's house we called my parents and his parents. In all a very exciting day!
(pictures to come)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment